Friday, August 8, 2008

Thoughts

Last week we moved from South Jordan to Herriman. Moving is hard - really hard. Even with five kids plus 2 parents. Even though most of the time my dad was working and so was my mother for that matter - it was just us 5 and McKay is no help...I'm fully decided that I hate moving.

So it started with the food storage - tons of food storage that I would have gladly left in the basement if the prophet didn't have a say in it. Then it just seemed like there was just never ending THINGS everywhere! We didn't get a moving truck till later - so we just filled up our mormon-van (which is huge, but not huge enough) like a million times over - back and forth from house to house. I was so sick and tired of moving by Thursday I didn't think I could stand it anymore. But we still had all the cleaning to do. I could have cried when the Relief Society showed up to help us. (Now comes the cheesy part) It's called the RELIEF Society for a reason. They cleaned the whole kitchen, the basement, the bedrooms, the living room - all I did was the stair case! Those women and young women were awesome!

The weird thing is that I've never liked that ward, the Highland 3rd Ward. I moved into it my senior year of high school and I was not a happy camper- then I went to college, so most of the people I have no clue who they are. But on our last Sunday (which was fast Sunday) when my mom was bearing her testimony I was crying, and I couldn't stop.(FYI I never do that) Because I would really miss that ward. I started thinking about all the things that those people did for me and for us and I was really grateful. I just really felt their service and love, and it was sad and good at the same time.

I just felt the need to share that - I'm grateful for the Relief Society and our wards and the close ties that we make through service for each other. :)

On another happy note - I passed all my classes this summer and I only have one more class left until I can get on the waiting list for the Nursing Program. Hooray!

No comments: