Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tiger Claw

Saturday.
We ran the half marathon.
What a challenge!!
I woke up with a really bad feeling - I did NOT want to run. But for some insane reason I got in the car with everyone else, lined up at the starting line, and started running when they shot the canon (cannon?). The beginning was good. About mile 4 I was like "I'm alive! I'm doin' good! This is easy peasy!" But about mile 7 my body did the do-do-dee-do sound that your computer makes when it shuts down. There was a girl who was a little bit ahead of me the whole time wearing a yellow jacket and I tried my best to stay with her. But then she started walking a lot and I ended up passing her. About mile 8 Rebekka and Jason caught up to me and they were my saviors. They stayed with me the entire rest of the time! Going slow and just helping me. Thanks so much you guys - that meant a lot!
I thought it would never end, but then we saw the finish line - and did the moon walk over it. I saw Carmen (she finished about 1/2 hour before us) and we hugged and I started crying...haha! It was so hard, and I got some pretty awesome blisters. But I'm glad I did it - it's one thing I can add to my list of accomplishments! Here are some pictures that I got off the website (I didn't bring my camera this time becuase I was in denial...I REALLY didn't want to run:
Here's Carmen - crazy woman ran the whole thing without stopping even for water!
Here's us at the beginning - I was feelin' good! Oh yeah - did I mention it snowed the whole time?!
Here's us - Jason is doing some weird Russian dance...haha!
Don't we look happy at mile 8?
Finally! It's over - we're doing the moon walk over the finish....!
So, what have I learned?
1. I need to train more.
2. I can do hard things.

2 comments:

katelyn marie. said...

well done! that is so awesome.
i love those pictures.

Rebecca said...

Britt -- Yeah for you! You did it! Yes, running is hard and you did it in the snow!!!! Now, what's your next event? Run those hills and do some sprints . . that helps!
Rebecca Parkin