Monday, March 23, 2009

Hello Blog!

It's been a little while - but I finally have something to say:

1. I went to the best concert - Missy Higgins - on Saturday. We flew out Friday to Long Beach and stayed with my grandpa's cousin Gayle. We went to the beach and then Saturday we went to the concert in LA Saturday night. (When I say "we" I mean me, my sister Taylor, and cousin Falyn.) It was such a good concert! It was definitely worth the 12 hour trip home:

2. Yeah - it was bad. I didn't get on the flight back to Salt Lake (my mom works for Jet Blue, and we fly for free, but since I'm over 21 I got kicked off and now have to use the Buddy Passes. So we fly stand-by, which is always an adventure.) Taylor got on - barely - and then I hopped on to Las Vegas about an hour later. Then the flight from Vegas to Salt Lake got delayed until 7pm - so I waited there for like 5 hours which was fine - I'd never been to the Vegas airport, it's pretty cool. But the whole time I didn't know if I was going to be able to get on since the flight was sold-out and I was a stand-by. But by a miracle I got a seat - 2A! That's a window baby. Yeah - prayer works:

3. It does. I almost started crying when the lady was like - "Brittney, come here I got a seat for you." WAA! I thought my dad would have to drive out and get me, either that or I'd rent a car and drive myself. But it all worked out - Heavenly Father was watching out for me.

4. Last night I got home at 12AM to Carmen and Rebekka on the couch doing HW. Rebekka's paper was due today, and Carmen had an assignment to finish that was also due today so I wrote it for her. I had a full draft due today, but I decided to ignore it. Turns out that Carmen's assignment isn't due until Wednesday, Rebekka's paper (that she stayed up till 3AM writing) isn't due until NEXT Monday (haha), and my draft got pushed back until Wednesday! Ha - we're true procrastinators, but this time being unorganized actually worked out for us.



My favorite song

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Brittney,

I'm so glad that you made it home safe! What an ordeal!!! I hope it was all worth it! Falyn had so-ooo much fun with you and Taylor! :)