Monday, September 20, 2010

Confidence

Ok so I've always loved this song:

I mean, The Sound of Music is my favorite movie. I love listening to this song in the mornings and just all other times of the day. But especially in the mornings when I have a lot to do in the day.

Today I realized how truly remarkable this song is. It's so great. Certain lyrics were in my head today:
The courage to serve them with reliance,
face my mistakes without defiance.
Show them I'm worthy,
and while I show them, I'll show me!
I really like that - because you know, sometimes I try hard to impress other people, but at the same time I impress myself! And other reasons, but I won't elaborate.

Ok also I love singing "What will this day be like....I wonder..?" in the beginning of the day, and then singing it again at the end of the day when I'm walking home.

This song also reminds me of my first big trip to Europe. I was so nervous!! But I thought about this song alot...
It could be so exciting, to be out in the world, to be free!
My heart should be wildly rejoicing, oh, what's the matter with me?
I've always longed for adventure! To do the things, I never dared
Now here I'm facing adventure, then why am I so scared?

I thought of that line too when I was rapelling down a really big scary slippery waterfall. I wanted to be like - "Haha, just kidding...I don't need to do this." But I couldn't because the whole thing was my idea. So I just sang my song.
Oh I must stop these doubts, all these worries
If I don't I just know I'll turn back, I must dream of the things I am seeking
I am seeking the courage I lack.
The best way to get that courage is to pray, I've found.

With each step I am more certain, everything will turn out fine,
I have confidence the world will all be mine,
They'll have to agree I have confidence in me.

Basically, you need to just have confidence in yourself, and then everything else will fall into place. People are just people, you know? Why be scared, just face your fears with confidence in yourself that you will be great, and you will be. It's all about faith - have faith in yourself and that Heavenly Father will help you. Everything will turn out fine.

Anyways - I can go on and on about this marvelous song. Listen to it twice please. And then whistle it all day. It'll do ye good.

4 comments:

madeline said...

amen.

kate said...

i like your book background and have been waiting for a new blog post for months!

Bay said...

I'm watching this movie now. You're awesome Brittney!

James Grant said...

this... this is why you're my best friend....:)

miss and love ya lots!