Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sewage


Kate Blocher (one of my dearest old roommates) inspired me this week. Thanks Kate.

I just bought a new laptop, and I love taking it on campus, but it gets scratched in my backpack, and ya know - I paid a lotta money for it, so I started looking around for a case. The bookstore had some manly ones for like 40 bucks, and Etsy had some really really cute ones. But every time I see something on Etsy I just think...why am I buying something that I really could just make myself? Laziness, really. So I was about to buy one until I read Kate's blog (she is a master seamstress lady), and she sewed her own baby holder thingy - for goodness sakes!! So I thought, if she could do that, then I can definitely sew a dumb little case. Turns out I didn't even really need too many supplies, and voila! A laptop case :)

Behold:



I made two. But there are more to come. Want one?? :D

6 comments:

kate said...

i love you. you're so funny.

and super crafty. i loved our craft nights at the elms...anyways I have been meaning to make a laptop case FOREVER and never ever have and i got a new laptop too and need to do it. so you inspired me. but maybe I'll just buy one of yours?? are you on etsy yet?

emily k said...

Awesome! I want one!! It could be a late birthday present. I have been looking on Etsy too and they have super cutes ones. What a good idea to make one, if I could just get up the energy. Lunch?

emily k said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

Excellent Brittney- I think you should sell them!

Kellie said...

I definitely clicked on this link partly because I wondered what interesting things you had to say about human waste and gutters.

Also I'm pretty sure that case could double as a pillow. And it looks like your computer has its own sleeping bag. So cute.

Hannah said...

If I had a laptop, totally. When I get one (if I get one) I want to get one of these from you!